IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Updated as of 05/14/2021
Happy Month of May!
So many special days in the month of May – Mother’s Day, The Ascension of the Lord, Feast of St. Matthias, Pentecost Sunday, The Most Holy Trinity & First Holy Communion for the Children of our Parish.
Just a gentle reminder that even though we are very happy our city is beginning to go back to some type of normalcy. We are still practicing social distancing, and wearing a mask while in church property . We understand the need to establish ourselves in a new way of greeting each other and sharing the joy of fellowship. Let’s still be mindful and protect each other!
The convent hours are still in effect until further notice: Monday – Friday 9AM – 12 Noon; Tuesday & Friday 9AM -12 Noon & 3PM -6PM. Should you need to contact the convent staff please call 347-225-2313.
Phone contact – 718.821.6447
Available Monday – Friday – 9AM – 12 Noon; 2PM – 4PM
For inquiries, questions & appointments:
(i.e. Mass intention request, sacramental certificates request, make appointments with priest, etc.)
Mass book for the entire year of 2021 is available as of March 1, 2021.
Mass intention request can also be done via email: email@example.com
Due to social distancing all in person contact is available at the Convent
Temporary Convent office hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday 9AM – 12 Noon; Tuesday & Friday 3PM -6PM
Convent Phone Contact: 347-225-2313– to confirm that your documents are ready for pick up and/or to report any delays for an appointment.
For all appointments & in person interactions you must wear a mask, please practice social distancing and responsible actions to ensure the safety & well-being of everyone.
The upper church will be for daily Masses Monday – Friday @ 8:30 AM & 12 Noon. Church will be closed after each Mass.
Saturday Mass – English @ 5PM (Upper Church)
Sunday Masses: (Upper Church)
Polish @ 9AM ; English @ 10:30 AM; Spanish Mass @ 11:45 AM
- 100% capacity per scheduled Mass. You must arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before the scheduled Mass.
- Every other pew blocked off is still being used in our parish.
- Still required to wear mask while in church.
- Procession will resume for liturgies.
- Altar servers are permitted; however, they must be trained in the safety protocols, such as maintaining social distancing and mask-wearing as well as the disinfection of hands.
- Lectors will resume reading from the main ambo in the Church.
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion should continue to follow hand sanitizing protocols before and after distribution of Holy Communion
- There will be no holy water, hymnals, missalettes and other worship aids available, please do not ask for them.
- Bulletins will be available at the back of the church.
- Do NOT touch statues or other devotional objects in the church (including candles).
- Mass intentions can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone from the office will contact you in regards to the request. Payment for mass intentions will be accepted in checks made payable to “St. Matthias Church” in the memo state mass intentions along with a note with the dates confirmed via email by the parish staff member. Same principle is available for Wine & Hosts, Bells, and Sanctuary Lamps.
- People should go up for communion the usual way, observing at least 6 feet of distance between them as they approach. As previously done before the closing of church masses, Holy Communion will be distributed into the communicant’s hand to avoid any physical contact. The communicant should come before the Priest with the mask on for the dialogue (“The Body of Christ. Amen.”) and then, move to the side, lower the mask , consume the Eucharist and replace the mask. The priest hands should be disinfected before distribution of Holy Communion.
Funeral services are at 100% capacity. Persons attending the funeral must be seated using social distancing norms (six feet apart) except for members of the same household and everyone must wear a mask or face covering. No worship aids will be distributed.
Baptisms will resume as pre-pandemic. These will be scheduled by the priest as per their schedule permits.
Weddings will resume with 100% capacity. You are still required to wear mask in the church. These will be scheduled by the priest as per their schedule permits.
Anointing of the Sick:
Anointing will be celebrated with the usual safety measures in place. Priest will wear mask and gloves. Any guidelines that are in place in hospitals or other institutions must be respected.
Confessions will be on Saturdays from 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM in the upper church.
To view our live stream mass click on this tab – Live Stream Mass
We also have made an adjustment to the RECTORY office hours: Still – Phone calls only- Monday thru Friday 9AM – 12 Noon & 2PM – 4PM.
For ONLINE Parish Registration click on this link:
For PREPS Registration 2020-2021
Click on the Faith Formation Tab under PARISH LIFE