IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Updated as of 03/31/2021
Happy & Blessed Holy Week!
We remind everyone that wearing a mask while on church property is mandatory. We want everyone to Stay Safe & Healthy!
New convent hours are in effect until further notice: Monday – Friday 9AM – 12 Noon; Tuesday & Friday 9AM -12 Noon & 3PM -6PM. Should you need to contact the convent staff please call 347-225-2313.
HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE is posted under upcoming events.. Check the tabs!!!
Phone contact – 718.821.6447
Available Monday – Friday – 9AM – 12 Noon; 2PM – 4PM
For inquiries, questions & appointments:
(i.e. Mass intention request, sacramental certificates request, make appointments with priest, etc.)
Mass book for the entire year of 2021 is available as of March 1, 2021.
Mass intention request can also be done via email: email@example.com
Due to social distancing all in person contact is available at the Convent
Temporary Convent office hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday 9AM – 12 Noon; Tuesday & Friday 3PM -6PM
Convent Phone Contact: 347-225-2313– to confirm that your documents are ready for pick up and/or to report any delays for an appointment.
For all appointments & in person interactions you must wear a mask, please practice social distancing and responsible actions to ensure the safety & well-being of everyone.
The upper church will be for daily Masses Monday – Friday @ 8:30 AM & 12 Noon. Church will be closed after each Masses for cleaning purposes. Therefore church will not be open from 1PM – 3PM .
Saturday Mass – English @ 5PM (Upper Church)
Sunday Masses: (Upper Church)
Polish @ 9AM ; English @ 10:30 AM; Spanish Mass @ 11:45 AM
- Maximum of 200 people per scheduled Mass. You must arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before the scheduled Mass.
- Use the proper marked doors for entry and exit of the church. Access to the upper church will be the main front center doors. Exit from the church will be the side doors & front side doors.
- Space has been marked for proper social distance norms.
- There will be no holy water, bulletins, hymnals, missalettes and other worship aids available, please do not ask for them.
- You are required to wear a mask or proper face covering to enter the church & to be on church property.
- Do NOT touch statues or other devotional objects in the church (including candles).
- Mass intentions can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone from the office will contact you in regards to the request. Payment for mass intentions will be accepted in checks made payable to “St. Matthias Church” in the memo state mass intentions along with a note with the dates confirmed via email by the parish staff member. Same principle is available for Wine & Hosts, Bells, and Sanctuary Lamps.
- People should go up for communion the usual way, observing at least 6 feet of distance between them as they approach. As previously done before the closing of church masses, Holy Communion will be distributed into the communicant’s hand to avoid any physical contact. The communicant should come before the Priest with the mask on for the dialogue (“The Body of Christ. Amen.”) and then, move to the side, lower the mask , consume the Eucharist and replace the mask. The priest hands should be disinfected before distribution of Holy Communion.
Funeral services will be permitted but are strictly limited to 150 people. Persons attending the funeral must be seated using social distancing norms (six feet apart) except for members of the same household and everyone must wear a mask or face covering. No procession into or out of the church. No worship aids will be distributed or used.
Baptisms will take place with social distancing guidelines being enforced and limited to 10 or fewer participants. These will be scheduled by the priest and approved by the Diocese (Office of the Chancellor).
Weddings will take place with social distancing guidelines being enforced and , at first, limited to 10 or fewer participants. These will be scheduled by the priest and approved by the Diocese (Office of the Chancellor).
Anointing of the Sick:
Anointing will be celebrated with the usual safety measures in place. Priest will wear mask and gloves. Any guidelines that are in place in hospitals or other institutions must be respected.
Confessions will take place with the priest and penitent both wearing masks and remaining at least six feet distant from one another. Confessions will be on Saturdays from 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM in the upper church.
We are enthusiastic about the reopening; however taking the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our clergy, staff and parishioners. Thank you for helping us make this transition a safe one for everyone.
To view our live stream mass click on this tab – Live Stream Mass
We also have made an adjustment to the RECTORY office hours: Still – Phone calls only- Monday thru Friday 9AM – 12 Noon & 2PM – 4PM.
For ONLINE Parish Registration click on this link:
For PREPS Registration 2020-2021
Click on the Faith Formation Tab under PARISH LIFE